Captain Larry’s Venison Chili
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 2 tablespoons of Bacon Grease or olive oil
- 1 (1.37 ounce Gold Medal) chili seasoning mix
Combine ground venison, onion, garlic, and bacon grease in a large pot and brown the meat.
Combine browned meat with the remaining ingredients in a large crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.