- 1/2 lb. chopped Bacon
- 4 large Potatoes – cubed
- 4 stalks Celery – chopped
- 2 large Onions – chopped
- 4 Carrots – sliced
- 2 15 oz. cans of Corn
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cans Jalapeño Cheese dip – Frito-Lay
- 2 cans evaporated Milk
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 4 cups Water
- 2 lbs. Walleye
– In a large stock pot fry bacon
– Add onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, and sauté
– Add chicken broth, water, and simmer until potatoes are tender
– Add in corn,jalapeño cheese dip, old bay seasoning, evaporated milk, pre-cooked Walleye and simmer an additional 20 min.
Pre-Cooking the Walleye
Cut Walleye into bite sized chunks. Boil 2 quarts of water and then add Walleye chunks for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Do not over cook the Walleye or it will become too flakey and fall apart.
Pro Tip: Use cheek meat instead of fillets when available!